Sunday, March 7, 2010

SUNday solo ride.

Slept for 10.5 hours after yesterdays ride. Whew I needed that.

Rolled out of here at 1:00 headed for the Falls and beyond.

Ended up doing a good 74 Km ride



It was a good day on the road. Warm but a little windy out of the WSW at around 20 km/h. It was really had to work to keep the pace around 25 km/h. But the sun was shining and I was in the zone as far as my heart rate was concerned so it was all good. A great day for base miles.

First stop was on Lundy's Lane at Starbucks for an Americano and a marshmello cake. Met a friend there to chat a bit then went to his house to fix his bike a bit. NOT really FIX his bike , like mine is FIXED. But work on it for him. Hooked it up for him and he hooked me up with a home brew americano which was pretty good with the little biscotto er what ever that little bread is called. It hit the spot and helped me work in the wind.

Left there and headed down the Niagara River Parkway for a bit. Remembered that Sara the "First Lady" from the SHCC worked at the Willoghby Museum. So I stopped in there for a squirt in the washroom and checked out her place of employment. Also saw her caad 9 road bike. Pretty sweet.
Went further down the parkway and then the real work started. Headwind all the way back up Marshal rd all the way to the canal. I can't complain. It coulda been windier.
It was good though. A great day for a ride in the beautiful sun.
I couldn't even tell I was riding FIXED until I hit Glenridge rd coming down the hill. It was a blast. Holding off pedaling until I thought I could spinn the rest of the way down. Ended up hitting 53.3 km/h. Spinning my ass off. So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment