Thursday, December 31, 2009

Finally did something Blog worthy.

Way too long since my last mis-adventure recap. Mostly due to no action packed activities in way too long. But the longish lay off has spiked an interest to get out of the house and get active.
Yesterday I went to Holiday Valley in Ellicottville, NY.


Packed up the Mazda and rolled out of here at 8:15. Ended up getting there at around 10:30 after a few stops along the way. I ended up getting an 8 hour lift ticket for $55 usd. Which turned out to be a great price for the number of runs I actually got in.
The conditions were great. Just below freezing and a good covering of fresher groomed powder on all the slopes, with only the odd icy spot. Most runs were open and in good shape. I was hitting some good little airs off a bunch of mounds from the snow makering. So it made for a fun day.
Here's a video I took:



It was a great day on the slopes but a little boring riding by myself all day long. But I figured I better go because I feel a touch of a cold coming on and I could ride my bike any other day.
That's it for now.
Happy New Year to All who might happen upon my page.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, the snow looks nice! I've got my skis ready to hit the powder, now it's just a matter of finding the time to get out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hummm...that looks like fun. I gotta do that one day.

    Happy New Year brother.

    ReplyDelete