Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Solo Snow ride in the Short Hills

Rolled outta here at around 10:30 pm.

Went out the flats to the Very Berry Trail. Stopped for a night time picture with the phone cam.


Went past the Boy scout camp along the closed lower trail and headed over to the #4 trail out to the Hemlock Trail.
It was pretty Sweet. Except for the climb/ hike up the steep hill to the top of #4.

Trails were packed snow with some xc ski tracks. Man that #5 loop rocks!

Made it back to the Tim Hortons at 4th ave at 1:30ish. A little bit of carb replacement in the form of a cinnimon raisin bagel and some chocolate milk.

It wasn't all that long of a ride but it hit the spot. I couldn't tell you how far I went because a couple times my wireless cyclo comp quit working for a bit.

Then this morning at 11:30 I went to Premiere Fitness and hit the Studio for a good session of plyometrics.

Tomorrow I'll be taking my cx rig out to Welland to drop off Justins #69 race plate from the frost bike race. Kinda funny how I ended up with it.
I volunteered to marshal on the course. So I brought my bike to maybe do a lap. But when the young whipper snapper Justin Henri came walking back from 1/2 a lap, I volunteered my bike for him to do his second lap. Considering that I ride a Single Speed rigid 29er, I thought it was funny and would be an interesting experience for him. Coming off riding a 26" geared squishyness bike. Also my bike doesn't have the best brakes and my wheels are pretty budget.
But he did pretty good on it. He kept up to his starting mates and was only 3 seconds out of 3rd place in the under 35 cat.
After the race we exchanged bikes and he forgot to take his plate off. So I have been driving around for the last 2 weeks with a cool #69 race plate in the front window of my car.
I may also get the chance to ride with the SHCC on the trails in the morning so I'll try to take some pics and post EM' up.

time to hit the sack and catch some ZZZ's

No comments:

Post a Comment