Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Actually doing some work!

Well, It's been a while since the last post.

Blogging takes time, and most days I am too busy to sit in one spot for very long. Riding, sliding, spinning, bowling, lounging, swimming, you know all the fun stuff there is to do.

Recently I've been doing a heck of a lot more working out than last year. Actually last year I am pretty sure I didn't do more than 50 sit ups/crunches for the whole year. Practically Nothing!

I only rode my bike a bunch. For the first part of the year I really didn't train. Just riding a bit here and there.
I started training on July and only did like a 1/2 sized peroidization training plan. Ya know Base, then Build, then Race phases. I would say it worked out pretty good.
I came 2nd at the CDMBR in the 35+ cat, Won the SS cat in the Squeezer (36th overall), Won a CX race in the M2 division (riding single speed of course), got enough points to upgrade to the M1 division then upgraded and didn't come DFL.

This year so far I have actually been to the gym and lifted a few weights. Did a few core workouts and now I sit with sore muscles. It feels good. Tomorrow I will be purchasing an annual gym membership at Premiere Fitness. I actually plan on going and getting my whole body stronger so I can do even better this year.

If this working out doesn't provide results, I am pretty sure it will, I have a new plan to get stronger on the bike.

The Time Crunched Cyclist Training plan by Chris Carmichael. Tomorrow I embark on the plan, with a test to base all my workouts for the next 11 weeks.

The book was a good read and a good motivator to get better.
I should be hitting my first peak of the year right around the the first couple big CX and MTB events in Southern Ontario. And I plan on doing the cycle throughout the year to see if I can meet some even bigger goals.

The spring will tell if I can use the TCTP to my benefit. If I don't get results then I can always revert to a periodization plan again. We will just have to wait and see.

L8R I gotta run!
literally, going for a short 5 km run before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment