Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Woot! What a cool weekend!

Had a great weekend. It was a blast.

I had my son Owen over for the long weekend and it turned out to be pretty cool.

First off, on friday night we were goin' up Lundy's Lane in the falls, and I noticed on the Micky D's sign "meet Ronald tonight at 6". It happened to be 5:58, so I did U turn and we squeezed in and contributed to all the Olympic HoopLa. It was actually pretty cool to see all the action. All the MILF's running around tryin' to corral their little ones. They had a DJ rockin some beats, and Owen requested Fire Burnin' for his Dad (me). I think Ronald was one of my childhood idols, and I never ever got the chance to meet him in person until now.
We got a picture too.


Then on Saturday, after Owens Karate at the Y and my short 35 minute run while he was learnin' how to kick some butt. We jumped in the car and went to Toronto to check out an indoor skatepark. Cj Skate school and park in Mimico.
Both Owen and I are just beginner skate boarders, but we give it our best shot and are learning more and more every time we skate.
It was a pretty wicked place. Tons of masonite every where. There was 2 mini bowls with a spine. There was a 3' mini 1/2 that I had some fun on. They had a HUGE 15' 1/2 that some big dudes were riding. They had a terrain park area with a cool roll in 1/2 pipe with a little mini 1/4 on top of the other side. there was tons of banks and 1/4 everywhere.
They had cameras set up all over so you could see the line and trick ya just did. All you do is press a button then start rippin' it up and by the time you got over to the other end you could see the replay on a big screen TV.
And the funest part was a huge 15'roll in across a flat to a 6' 1/4 pipe launch into a big foam pit.
I dropped in and hit it full speed and it threw me up about 8' above the top of the 1/4, and landing in the pit was cool because it was nice and soft, but a real bitch to get out of. here's a video of it:


I'm going to make a slower motion version of this movie. It got fast forwarded in the conversion process from my phone to my comp.

On sunday we laid low for the first part of the day and recovered from the beating we took at the skate park. Then in the afternoon we went for a free skate at the Garden City Arena with the NRP and the NHL oldtimers before the game. Since Owen's step dad was playin in the game for the NRP, we got free tickets.
Here's Owen and his Bud with Gaston Gingras


Then on Family day Monday, Owen and I went to play some real pond hockey in Niagara falls. It wasn't a real pond just a huge puddle by the park on Kalar rd. But it was the first time that Owen had ever been on the ice with a hockey stick in his hands. He had fun and I really had fun because it brought back memories of my childhood and all the time I spent on the ice.

I was glad to spend the whole weekend with Owen, and doing some of the fun things there is to do. Just DAD and SON.

No comments:

Post a Comment