Friday, November 27, 2009

Max VO2 intervals today. With the Jay Cam.

Another day on the cx rig for me.
I went to my mini cx park to do some max VO2 intervals. Trying to ready my body for the rigors of cx racing. Hard accelerating out of corners and tight 180 degree turns. A little climbing involved and the run up practice is always needed.

I was a little short on time, so I only ended up doing 2X5min intervals. Not the best work out but better than nothing.
Part of the reason for the shortened time window was because I stopped by one of the downtown LBS for some road tubes to put on a bike for the rollers.

Anyways I got to the park and did 1 interval whilst filming with the "Jay Cam" mounted on my chest again. This time I had another foam wedge it it to angle it up a bit. It turns out it was aimed too high so I didn't get much of the terrain in the shot. So I readjusted the straps and did interval #2. It was a pretty good angle but there is lots of sway from side to side when I am out of the saddle crankin' hard. It gives a good shot of my hands on the hoods and the bike leaning in the turns.
I did a little commentary of my lap and a whole lot of heavy breathing.

Here is the video of the ride:


On the way home I zipped by the new site of Liberty Bikes. They were cleaning it up and filling a huge dumpster with drywall and rubbish from inside. I kept on riding until I spotted Boss Hogs Jimmy in front of the store. After a quick U turn, I went back to say "hey!".
It turns out there was a bunch of Short Hills Cycling Club riders helping Kurt out. Tom was there, Paul, and Brad. They all had dust masks on so that's why I didn't recognize them on the first pass.
I showed my mcgyver cam and did a little filming. In hind sight I should have done an impromptu interview with the White hat Kurt. But I was pressed for time to get home and head for work. Here's the footage:

Not very interesting stuff. But now ya know how to join a committee in the Short Hills Cycling club. They were workin' hard and getting dirty. But I had to go.

Next time I see anyone I'll go into reporter mode and have do an interview.

Tomorrow I have to work OT in the afternoon so I'll do some laps at Collegiate SS on the track after work. Pretty boring stuff but it should have me ready for the Subway CX race on Sunday at 1:00.
It must look funny seeing some dude going around with a big HID light strapped to my helmet in the middle of the night. 20s hardX10s restXrepeat 7X, 3minutes rest in between. Pretty easy to get a good work out in real quick, and increase my VO2 MAX.

1 comment:

  1. Hard end of season work outs eh. Hummmm?

    Riding around on my bike today I kinda felt like doin' one more cx race but since I'm struggling to make it up easy road hills at this point I'll sit it out.

    Good luck in T.O.

    ReplyDelete