Wednesday, November 25, 2009

New Technical Developments in the Single Speeder training camp!

Working afternoons shift this week, so ya think I be doing some good training in the daylight. Right?
WRONG! Staying awake in the wee hours or the night are not too good for training. Damn internet!

But anyways I got up early this morning to go and take my son to school, because I never get to see him on this shift.

The good thing about the internet though is the stuff I can learn and find on it. Like on Kijiji I found a set of Minora Magrollers/ with adjustable tension. $50. I went and picked them up this morning. (Technical development # 1.) They are in great shape, and are perfect for riding a single speed bike on, because I can use the tensioner mags it make it harder for me.
I tried riding my Tricross on them and it was fun. Almost falling a few times until I found out how to steer to the middle. The knobby cx tires didn't help much but I got the idea about riding the rollers anyway.

On monday after or while my last cx race video was uploading, I spent the time mcgyvering a new rig for my digi cam. I wanted something that was less shakey and a different POV. (development #2) Well I got it hooked up and was dying to try it out. I ended up patching together some velcro straps and a few other random straps. I put the camera in a little pouch with the case I made earlier and a wedge of foam. It feels great and it'll be pretty easy to smuggle into races and stuff.

So I went to my mini cx training park on Geneva street and did a few laps with the cam on. After my interval I almost passed out from pushing so hard, and I was probably dressed too warm. But anyway here is the footage. Mostly of my stem, because the angle needs to be wedged higher.



Now ya know what my stem is doing when I am riding!

This time I used Any Video Converter ( a free video converting program) to change the format from my Sony Cyber shot digi cam (mpeg) to WMV. format. Looks like a bigger screen for the watching.

Check Ya on tha flip side and Keep on rollin!

No comments:

Post a Comment