Saturday, January 23, 2010

Inadequate thermalness leads to uncormfotable chillyness!

So after a quick wheel swap and a not so quick gear change. (42T to 39T ring) The Specialized was ready to hit the road.
The reason for the wheel change is because the on Wednesday I went out for a short recovery ride from Tuesdays 50 km ride. And as the result of an exceptionally cool Fixie skid, I stripped the threads on my Durace 7600 track hub. FUBAR! Ended up jogging the 3 kms home just to make it into a work out. CRAPtackular! Messed it up good. OH well, it just means I need to buy a new set of wheels now. Probably carbon TUBS for CX season.
So I loaded the bikes on the rack and headed over to my friend, Mary-Lee's. An introduction to single speeding for the lady. Was really just getting her to ride my bike to see if she fit a 54cm frame. And it looked pretty between her legs.


So we rode the canal path from Lock 1 to the Skyway Bridge and back. Just an easy spin on a sunny January day. But both of us were under layered and started to get a little cold from the east wind off the canal. After peeling off a few of my layers for Mary-Lee, we finished the ride in a bit quicker pace and jumped in the car to get warm.
Whilst on the ride, I managed to get a pic of the both of us.

Including a bunch of Bats in the cave and one huge snot-scicle hanging off my nose when zoomed in. Just the way ya wanna look when riding with a lady!


All in all a good day for a short ride, but mostly a better lesson in layering to stay warm while riding.

And so brings an end to another mis-adventure of a single speeder.

No comments:

Post a Comment