Sunday, January 24, 2010

Spinning anyone?

FANTASTIC day for ride with the Northern Short Hills Cycling Club Brothers. (and friends)
Met at the Brock Landfill for 10AM for a so called "Leisurely" road tour.
Started out with 10 riders at 10 am sharp. There was some good legs in the group so things got split up early, only to re-group after a short warm up.

Here is the route we took plotted on gmaps-pedometer.com

Turned out to be a spirited ride of just under 50 km. I really enjoyed riding in the group. But the only problem I had, was that my Kona Major One, was under geared for riding in a group on the road. I set it up at 40X18 for the trails and snowy rides. But WAY too spinny for putting in sustained pulls on the front and hanging on the back was even a chore. It was a real learning experience, in the sense that I now know what gear I need for the road to keep pace with the geared guys and familiarizing myself with the intricacies of riding in a group of riders.
I spun my ass off tryin to hang on for the whole last 1/4 of the ride and only got dropped comin down the last stretch to Brock.

So all in all a great day for a ride and another 50 km off my goal of 1000 km base mileage before some building work. Only 900 km to go!

Sorry no photos. But at least I got to hide the link behind the word. Next time I'll do a screen shot for the photo of the route.

Peace out and happy riding to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment