Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Pedal Pushing Begins

Finally got out for a ride yesterday.

I was soo good to got on the bike. Renewed enthusiasm for riding again.

Left here on the Kona CX rig. Went down Carlton to the Welland Canal. Rode the path up to Glendale, then road up to Lock 7. Path was clear except from the tracks up to lock 7.
Hit the service road over the Thorold tunnel, then back on the cleared path. Took that out to Allenburg Bridge. Clear sailing most of the way. Except after the Kiwanas foot bridge to the Lift Bridge. Tough slog through the slush and ice. But a nice challenge to put the power down and stay upright on the cx rig.

Canal path all the way out to E.S.Fox building in Port Robinson.

Did a u-turn and headed for home, which was pretty fun because I only had a small bar light on and a blinky MEC turtle light on the bar.

Ended up being a good ride.

I tried to map it on this cool map app I got from a runner friend.
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3424058

It lets you track your route.
Pretty cool beans.

Just getting ready for a recovery ride now. So I'll finish bloggin' for now.
But a blog without pictures is pretty boring. Since the gmap pedometer didn't link up right. Here is a pic I snapped of my mtb while out on my birthday ride.

Can anyone guess where it was taken. Hint:It's on my secret CX training route.

Happy riding to all!

2 comments:

  1. That is the bridge you cross in the L2L just north of hwy 20 I believe.

    Happy Birthday Caveman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I was just about to write that !

    I crossed it today on the ride.

    Likin the posts lately McGyver

    ReplyDelete